Mental Health Support Care Service & Accommodation in Derby & Derbyshire
Aims and Objectives
As a provider of mental health support care and accommodation, the primary aims and objectives of our service are to better and improve the overall quality of life of our service users, whilst taking into account the wishes and expectations of each individual.
Based in Derby / Derbyshire, we provide support and accommodation to people with complex needs; these needs can vary from a long history of schizophrenia, to suffering from personality disorder – commonly following on from a period of drug or alcohol abuse. What we strive to do, is to provide both a supported housing service for those suffering with mental health issues, that delivers hugely on both fronts; quality of care and standard of accommodation. Over our 30 years in business, we have amassed the experience and tools to deliver a service that exceeds across the board; authentic care and sincere support, high quality accommodation and clear pathways to recovery and further independence are just a few of the areas that according to our service users, make us stand out compared with other care providers.
Our Derbyshire based mental health support service strives to enable our service users to overcome the difficulties that led them into adversity in society and to attain the highest level of functioning that they are capable of reaching. We strive to maintain stable tenancies by encouraging independence, confidence and well being. Our tenants are assisted to manage their mental health within a supportive environment with the aim of eventually moving on after a number of encouraging years. The service users right to an ordinary life is upheld at all times and we aim to provide a place of safety in a caring environment at all of our care units. As part of our mental health support service we work with each person on creating a unique support plan that accommodates their individual needs and goals. Ultimately we strive to be flexible in the service delivery and as accommodating as possible.
- To provide a structural environment where individuals can develop life skills with support around their daily activities
- To encourage clients to make healthy friendships and visit places of interest within a supported environment
- To maintain a client focused approach to support that concentrates on the needs of the individual
- To encourage positive working relationships between staff and service users that fosters open communication
- To offer a high level of motivation support in order to assist residents towards a better level of individual functioning
- To encourage service users to be independent and gain the necessary skills to live independently
- To provide a nurturing environment where residents enjoy comfort, physical security and privacy
- To encourage service users to make informed choices in everyday decisions
- To motivate residents to become active, valued and respectable members of society
- To provide an environment with equal opportunities to participate in day to day activities
- To motivate service users to attend all relevant appointments at various Derbyshire mental health services